What kind of year do you want to have in 2009? I’ve been thinking about this for several days, and here are the benchmarks I’ve come up with for the year. I’m sharing these not as exemplars of benchmarks you should use. On the contrary, my intent is that you would be moved to notice the benchmarks that are meaningful and useful to you at this point in your life and business.
1. I set and meet realistic deadlines
2. I have time away from work for creative pursuits
3. Business and personal debt are at zero by year-end
4. I am clear about what I have to offer, to whom, and what it’s worth
5. I am earning enough to easily fund the level of energy, generosity, and engagement my business requires
6. Every month I am working less, enjoying it more, helping more people, and earning a goofy amount of money